Founding of the former M.C. Standish Train Depot
The Village of Standish was without a railroad until the early part of 1871 and was a product of the construction of the railroad line between West Bay City and Mackinaw. Construction of the line began in May of 1870 by the Jackson, Lansing & Saginaw Railroad, which had completed a line from Jackson Michigan, north through Lansing, Owosso and Saginaw to west Bay City in 1867. Mr. Hugh MacDonald of Standish, and his team graded the first railroad grades through this area. Founder John D. Standish permitted a right-of-way to the Jackson, Lansing, and Saginaw Railroad Co. to construct a railroad line north through Standish. In September of 1871 the line was built through Standish, and only went as far north as Wells Station, just south of Alger.
Cras volutpat odio ac sapien faucibus auctor.
Sed consequat odio quis dictum.
Nam ac pharetra nibh. Nullam eu magna sit amet.
Nam ac pharetra nibh dapibus tincidunt.
Pellentesque at nunc mauris. Ut quis nisi lacinia, rutrum leo sed, rutrum augue. Fusce varius sollicitudin mauris, quis tincidunt lectus bibendum vitae. Nunc posuere blandit elit mattis posuere. Mauris neque massa, sagittis non urna a, ullamcorper commod.
EVERY MOMENT COUNTS
Nullam pellentesque in ligula sed volutpat. Fusce viverra, dui vitae ornare eleifend, dolor neque maximus massa, luctus elementum dolor urna blandit eros.
Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.
Pellentesque at nunc mauris. Ut quis nisi lacinia, rutrum leo sed, rutrum augue. Fusce varius sollicitudin mauris, quis tincidunt lectus bibendum vitae. Nunc posuere blandit elit mattis posuere. Mauris neque massa, sagittis non urna a, ullamcorper commodo nunc.
Maecenas vel convallis quam, non laoreet turpis. Quisque facilisis, felis in tempus imperdiet, sem odio tincidunt purus, vulputate ultrices ligula sapien sed lectus.